Saturday, April 21, 2012

#529: Chocolate Fudge Cake


The actual name of this recipe is Easy Peasy Chocolate Torte.  I found this on Money Saving Mom's website.  She's right, it is easy peasy, but this is anything but a torte.  So I'm changing the name of this one.  Not trying to take credit for coming up with the recipe just renaming it.  The next time I go to make this, I'm not going to be searching for my "torte" recipe.  It just doesn't fit. 

Okay, with that said, this is delicious!  I am definitely making this again...and again.  I could have eaten many, many pieces of this cake...it's that good!  And it definitely is easy.  The chocolate syrup really makes this cake moist. 

1 chocolate cake mix + ingredients needed to make it (I needed water, eggs and vegetable oil)

1 bottle of chocolate syrup
12 oz container of whipped topping
1/2 c Powdered sugar
Vanilla, to taste (I omitted)

1/2 cup chocolate chips
Mix cake and bake according to directions. Let cool.

Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the top of the cake (I made about 20 holes) and drizzle 1/2 to 1-cup chocolate syrup over the cake making sure to pour the chocolate sauce into the holes. 

Combine whipped topping, powdered sugar and vanilla.  Spoon whipping cream over top of the cake. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and sprinkle with chocolate chips.  (I drizzled chocolate syrup in lines horizontally over the cake, then used a knife to draw lines vertically through the cake to make the design).

Refrigerate until serving. Makes 10-12 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment