Sunday, April 15, 2012

#526: Crockpot Ranch Porkchops


My friend Jaime pinned these from Pinterest, and my sister and I were both eager to try them out since it was super easy to make and only required 3 ingredients.  I made this so it would be ready for us to eat when we got home from church. 

These are definitely super, super, super easy to make.  I'll be the first to admit, I am not a pork fan.  I usually will only eat pork chops if they are grilled and covered in BBQ sauce.  So I was not only leery about trying these, I was scared!  But, I'm very happy to report that we all enjoyed these so much, there wasn't a single piece left over and Allison was looking for seconds!  These may not be pretty, but they are very moist and you can practically cut it with a fork. 

One thing I didn't like about these is that all of the pieces of pork seemed to fuse together during the cooking process, so when I took it out of the crockpot it was one big piece that I had to pry apart.  (Not a super big deal though). 

Also, I don't think this needs the addition of much water.  The cream of chicken soup and water really thinned out while cooking so the pork was pretty much sitting in soup.  I think it needs just a smidge of water to help combine the creamed soup with the ranch packet....that's it! 


1 lb Pork Chops
1 packet Ranch Seasoning Dry Mix
1 can Cream of Chicken plus 1 can water as needed (This will depend on how fast your crockpot cooks and how long you’ll be cooking it.)

Mix all ingredients together and cook on low for 4-6 hours.  (I used thin cut pork chops so I only let it cook for 4 hours.)


**According to the original website, you can also freeze this .  Just combine all ingredients in a gallon size Ziploc bag and squish around to mix.  When ready to cook, just pull the Ziploc out of the freezer, run the whole bag under hot water in the sink for a minute or two and then just pour it all into the crockpot to get cooking.**

No comments:

Post a Comment