Tuesday, April 24, 2012

#533: Double Chocolate Banana Bread


It was about time I used up all of the frozen bananas in my freezer, so this was the recipe I decided to use them on.  I halved the recipe (I didn't need 2 loaves around here for breakfast, 1 was enough) and this was a snap to whip up.  I even did most of it one handed since I had a little one who refused to take a nap and wanted to be held. 

Doesn't that look yummy?  It is!  It is super moist too.  Probably my favorite banana bread yet!

1 cup margarine, softened

2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
6 bananas, mashed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup lite sour cream
1.5 cups milk chocolate chips (I used half semi-sweet and half white chocolate chips...love it!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment