Sunday, April 15, 2012

#524: Peanut Butter Bars


I made these cookie bars to take with me to book club tomorrow.  Now that I'm on maternity leave, I'm trying not to buy too many unnecessary ingredients at the grocery store to keep our food costs low (as low as I can with food prices anyways!).  And since I had all of the ingredients for this except for the peanut butter, I figured it would be a good one to make. 

I don't know if my fellow book-clubbers will enjoy this, but I love it!  And, I've got the extras that I'm not taking to book club in the freezer and let me tell you, they are just as good frozen as they are refrigerated!  Mmmm! 

My only gripe about these bars is that if the crust isn't totally moist and mixed in, the bottoms tend to break apart/off when you cut them.  MOST of mine were totally fine though! 


2 cups chunky style peanut butter
2 cups powder sugar
2 cups crushed graham crackers
1 stick + 1 Tablespoon melted butter
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips


Melt butter and mix with the peanut butter, powdered sugar and crushed graham crackers. 
Spread mixture into 13×9 pan and press down to form the crust.  Make sure it's really pressed down/compacted.

In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips and spread on top of the peanut butter layer.  Refrigerate for exactly 1/2 hour and cut into about 24 pieces/bars. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment