Sunday, April 15, 2012

#527: Breakfast Omelet Muffins


I'm sure I've said this before, but I don't like eggs.  I WANT to like eggs, but I'm not a huge fan.  So I'm always willing to try other ways of eating eggs (besides scrambled with cheese or on an English muffin sandwich).  I'll admit, I was drawn to this recipe because the original photo has broccoli and crumbled sausage in it.  I LOVE breakfast sausage.  When I decided to make these for lunch (yes, lunch not breakfast) I planned on using turkey sausage patties, but then remembered I had some Canadian bacon about to expire in the fridge so I figured I'd use that instead.  YUMMY.  I loved these!  In fact, I ate 3 for lunch.

Next time I will definitely add some sausage in it with the ham/bacon.  Mmmm!  The amount of ingredients listed below is for 12 muffin cups.

1 pound Italian Sausage (I used Canadian bacon, but next time would use turkey breakfast sausage)
1 cup broccoli florets or other desired veggies (I used broccoli and red peppers)
8 large eggs
1/4 cup milk

1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt & pepper to taste

3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
Grated Parmesan Cheese as needed

Preheat oven to 375 F.  (Since I used Canadian bacon I skipped this step). In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, brown Italian Sausage for about 5 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink.

Remove from heat and stir in broccoli, veggies and shredded cheese.


Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper.  Lightly spray a 12-cupcake pan with oil.  Spoon out the sausage and veggie mixture evenly into each cupcake.

Ladle the egg mixture over sausage/veggie/cheese mixture.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment