Sunday, April 15, 2012

#525: Vegetables and Rice


This is almost too ridiculously easy to be called a "recipe," but I got this recipe off of a coupon printed from the grocery store, so I figured I'd give it a try.  And since it required more than just opening up a can, I figured I'd count this as a recipe.

Obviously eating plain vegetable soup is much better and healthier for you, however, I'll admit, I'm not a huge fan of canned soups.  But with the addition of rice, it makes the veggies go down easier.  :)  Would I make this again on a regular basis, probably not.  However if soup is on sale and I'm looking for easy, cheap meals to make for lunch, then I'll definitely make this again and add it to my list of things to make for lunch.  Plus, it's an extra way to get in a serving of veggies. 

1 can vegetable soup (any kind...I used Light Italian Vegetable Style)
1/2 c cooked rice

Warm the soup either in a saucepan or in the microwave.  Drain most of the soup liquid.  Place the cooked rice in a bowl or on a plate.  Pour the soup (basically just the veggies since you drained the liquid out) over the rice and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment