Saturday, April 21, 2012

#528: Cheesy Eggs and Rice


I was inspired to make this dish from this original Cheesy Egg and Rice Bake Recipe by Betty Crocker.  However, when I went to go make it for my lunch, it had too many ingredients for my liking.  So I decided to change it up a little bit...and I LOVED it!!

1/2 c cooked white rice
2 slices Canadian bacon, chopped
2 turkey sausage patties, diced
1/2 bell pepper, diced

1/3 c chopped broccoli (uncooked)
2 eggs

1/4 c milk
salt and pepper (to taste)
1/4 c shredded cheese (Mexican blend, cheddar, etc.)
1/2 tbsp butter

In a saute pan melt the butter.  Add in the turkey sausage, bell pepper and broccoli.  Cook over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes until turkey is cooked (heated) through and vegetables are crisp-tender. 

In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.

Add the rice and Canadian bacon to the sausage/veggie mixture.  Stir to combine.  Pour the egg mixture over the rice, meat and veggies and stir to scramble the eggs and continue cooking until the eggs are set.  Remove from heat, add cheese, and stir until cheese melts/combines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment