Wednesday, February 29, 2012

#500: Taco-Corn Chili


I can't believe it, but I'm actually trying/reviewing/posting my 500th recipe!  I don't know if this makes my family happy or not because that means I've put them through a lot of new dinners, lunches, snacks, etc.  Fortunately, MOST of the 500 I've tried, we've at least liked if not liked a lot. 

This recipe was no exception.  I threw it together very, very quickly for lunches for this week and I topped it with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese on top.  Mmm...I love chili!  This isn't a super spectacular chili, but I am really, really enjoying it for lunches.  Definitely making this easy dish again!

1 lb extra-lean ground beef

1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
1 envelope (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
10 oz diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained (I used petite diced)
9 oz frozen corn, thawed, drained (I threw mine in frozen)
2 cups water
2 teaspoons sugar

Spray 4-quart Dutch oven with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook beef in Dutch oven 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.


Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered about 18 minutes, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment