Wednesday, February 8, 2012

#491: Asian Slaw with Ginger-Peanut Dressing


Our theme for recipe swap this month was Sushi and Saki.  Everyone was supposed to bring an Asian-themed side dish, so I decided to bring this coleslaw.  Yummy, yummy, yummy.  I loved it!  I plan to eat it as leftover for breakfast today.  :)  Definitely making this one again, except next time I'm going to add those little fried crunchy Asian rice noodles for even more crunch.  Mmmmm!

For the Dressing
¼ cup honey
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
1 tablespoon peanut butter

½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon Sriracha sauce (Thai hot sauce…optional) (I omitted)

1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (I omitted, only because I thought I had some but didn't)
1 large garlic clove, minced


For the Slaw
4 cups prepared shredded coleslaw
2 cups prepared shredded carrots

1 red pepper, thinly sliced into bite size pieces
1 cup pre-cooked, shelled edamame

2 medium scallions, finely chopped
½ cup chopped salted peanuts

½ cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro

Make the dressing by combining all ingredients in medium bowl. Stir until peanut butter is dissolved. Set aside.


Combine all of the slaw ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss well. Let sit at least 10 minutes so vegetables have a chance to soak up the dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.  Serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment