Sunday, February 19, 2012

#496: Picnic Coleslaw



This was a super, super easy coleslaw to throw together.  Of course the bacon in it makes it appealing, and personally I enjoyed this, but it wasn't anything super special and I prefer my mom's Oriental coleslaw more.  (I did eat this for lunch for three days though so obviously I enjoyed it). 

6 cups shredded cabbage
2 cups shredded carrots
8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (I used real bacon bits)
12 green onions with tips, thinly sliced
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt

In a bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, bacon and onions. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, mix vinegar, oil, sugar and salt; shake well. Just before serving, pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment