Sunday, February 19, 2012

#497: Burger Sliders


I love burgers.  We don't eat them often though because the girls really aren't fans and I'm not good at making them (they always turn out dry and tasteless).  I came across this recipe which got great reviews, and when I asked the family what they wanted for dinner this week, Brian said "hamburgers" so it was the perfect time to try this one out!

It was supposed to have crumbled bacon in the mixture but I figured that might be pushing my luck with my gang so I omitted it.  (I would have loved it though!)  I also cooked my onions in a little olive oil before adding it to the mixture so it would blend in more and not be so noticeable. 


We loved this!  We are going to make more and freeze them so we have them on hand after the baby comes.  SO yummy!

4 slices of bacon

1 onion, finely chopped
3 lb ground beef
2 cloves minced garlic

2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
24 small dinner rolls

In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp.  Remove bacon and drain on paper towels.  Discard all but 2 Tbsp. bacon fat.  Cook onion in bacon fat until translucent, about 3 minutes, then add garlic and cook 30 seconds longer.  Remove mixture from pan and let cool.  Crumble bacon when cool enough to handle.

In a large bowl combine beef, bacon, onion mixture, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper, and mix well.  Form into 24 small patties and chill.
Preheat grill to medium; oil when hot.  Cook burgers for about 7 minutes for medium rare, turning once halfway through.  Serve burgers on rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment