Sunday, February 12, 2012

#492: No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies


I purposely didn't buy any snacks/cookies this week at the grocery store.  Then I couldn't stop thinking about cookies after dinner.  So I googled no bake peanut butter cookies because I knew I didn't want to be standing in the kitchen for very long.  I came across this recipe and quickly got started on making them for dessert.  Fortunately for me, no one else (except for Allison) likes these cookies and Allison doesn't like them enough to keep asking for them.  :)

3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal (sometimes takes more oatmeal)
5 tablespoons peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups brown sugar
½ cup milk
¼ cup butter
 
Pour oatmeal into a bowl and set aside. 
Stir together brown sugar, milk, and butter in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally.  When it comes to a full boil stir constantly for two minutes.  Add in vanilla and peanut butter.  Stir to combine.

Immediately pour over oatmeal and stir thoroughly but rapidly.

Spoon cookie size scoops (a heaping tablespoon) onto waxed paper or plastic wrap and let set until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment