Sunday, February 12, 2012

#493: Creamy Vegetable Orzo


I've had this recipe bookmarked for a little while, and it looked like an easy recipe to make ahead and take for lunches this week. This was really easy to make, and is some creamy goodness.  It's a little bland, so I added some salt and pepper but regardless, I'm enjoying this...for breakfast right now actually.  :)  Yes I will eat it reheated for lunches too, but I figured it was made and hot, and I might as well take advantage of having one less meal to make at this point.  I hope it's as good reheated as it is fresh!

1Tbsp. oil

1 small onion, chopped
1/2 cup each chopped green and red peppers (I used 1 greenish-yellow pepper...should have used more)
1 cup frozen corn
3/4 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup (1/2 of 8-oz. tub) Chive and Onion Reduced Fat than Cream Cheese

Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook 4 min., stirring frequently. Stir in peppers and corn; cook and stir 2 min. Add orzo; cook and stir 1 min.


Stir in broth; bring to boil on high heat. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 to 12 min. or until orzo and vegetables are tender and most the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.

Add reduced-fat cream cheese; cook 1 to 2 min. or until cream cheese is melted and sauce is well blended, stirring constantly

No comments:

Post a Comment