Saturday, February 4, 2012

#484: Dry Jello Fruit Salad


My grandma was known for always bringing her "green jello" to parties.  It was the jello you could count on being at every (and I mean EVERY) event.  I'm turning into my grandma!  Now, I don't bring the same one over and over again, but jello salads go well with just about any meal, you can make it ahead of time, and it's a nice sweet (but not too sweet) addition to a meal.  AND they are easy to make!  Of course for Allison's birthday I had to have a Jello Side Dish to add to our meal.  (Can you tell yet that I don't care if I'm the only who eats it!?)
I loved it.  I know not everyone was even willing to try it, but I liked it and plan to enjoy the leftovers!

1 lb small curd cottage cheese
1 (3 ounce) box any flavor jell-o gelatin powder (I used sugar free cherry)
1 cup whipped topping
1 (4 ounce) can
crushed pineapple , well drained

Combine jello powder and whipped topping until powder is dissolved.  Add in cottage cheese and crushed pineapple.  Chill for 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment