Saturday, September 20, 2014

#1,345: Paleo Burgers with Caramelized Balsamic Onions & Avocado

Holy heck, did I love this burger recipe!  I loved it so much, I ate it today for lunch AND dinner.  I also chopped up my burger and ate it over romaine so it was more of a turkey burger salad.  So simple to make, and delicious!  The burger recipe itself if pretty plain, but I was okay with that.  If you however, have a burger recipe you love, feel free to substitute that instead.  :)  This recipe was just fine with me though! 


1½ pounds of lean ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 small onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 beef steak tomato, sliced into 6 thick slices
3 avocados (I used pre-made guacamole)

Heat a medium skillet to medium high heat.  Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, once melted add in thinly sliced onions. Saute until lightly caramelized, stirring occasionally. {about 10-15 minutes}.  Add in balsamic vinegar. Saute for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside. (This did not take nearly as long for me…maybe only 10 minutes max for all of the steps)

Form six ¼lb. burgers with the lean ground beef.  Lightly season both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.

I grilled mine instead so I skipped this step: Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Place the burgers in the skillet and saute each side for 3-5 minutes {depending on your desired doneness}. Remove from skillet and let sit for 1 minute.


Place 1 large slice of beef steak tomato on a plate, then the burger, then 2 tablespoons of the balsamic caramelized onions, and top with sliced avocado. Serve with gluten-free mustard if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment