Saturday, September 20, 2014

#1,341: M&M and KitKat Chocolate Cake

When I saw this cake on pinterest one day, I knew I had to make it for Brian for his birthday.  My family really enjoyed this cake, although I put it in the fridge so he wouldn't see it and the M&M's got soft and the frosting got hard.  So I recommend letting this sit out on your counter.

I used a boxed chocolate cake mix, baked as directed in a small ramekin.  Make sure you spray the inside liberally with non-stick spray so the cake falls out easily.  I also had to cut the top off so it was flat on top.

I found a recipe online (a video on youtube) which was made with softened butter, powdered sugar and cocoa powder.

I ended up cutting the cake in half and putting frosting in the middle.  Was this the best cake we've ever had, not really, but for a homemade cake made for a loved one, this was so good.  I'm making it for my mother-in-laws birthday tomorrow...hopefully it goes over well there too.


Here's what I learned about this recipe though: Don't put it in the fridge.  The frosting got SO hard/thick, and the M&M's got soft.  

No comments:

Post a Comment