Thursday, January 2, 2014

#1,149: Guacamole with Pomegranate Arils


I love pomegranates and thankfully so do all of my kids.  At dinner tonight, Matthew took my small bowl of pomegranate arils and bogarted them for himself!  I know pomegranate season is coming to and end and that makes me sad.  :(  I think I'll have to freeze some for later use!

Anyhow, this recipe really appealed to me for two reasons: 1. It is guacamole! and 2. It contains pomegranates! But I had to add in some red onion and cilantro because otherwise it is NOT guacamole...at least not to me!  This is super easy and DELICIOUS!  I'm going to seriously have to portion out this into individual serving sizes or I'm going to eat the entire bowl.  I will hopefully start eating it with carrot sticks, but I am loving it with Blue Diamond Almond Thins!! 

Flesh of two ripe avocados
1 clove garlic – minced
dash of cayenne pepper
salt to taste
juice of one lime
Seeds from ½ pomegranate
1 tablespoon hulled, toasted pumpkin seeds (I used raw cashew pieces)
I added diced red onion and chopped cilantro too


Mash the avocados with the garlic, cayenne, salt and lime juice until smooth – a few chunks are okay. Place in a serving dish and top with the pomegranate and pumpkin seeds. Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment