Monday, June 25, 2018

#2,719: Chocolate Mint Zucchini Bread

After making the Zucchini pico de gallo salsa, I had some zucchini leftover.  Plus I have a ton of chocolate mint growing in my garden, so I knew I had to find a recipe that combined the two ingredients.  Enter this Chocolate Mint Zucchini Bread.  Although this was a little bit dense, my kids still enjoyed it and the girls were made when they realized their little brother had eaten the last piece.  So I'd say that's a good sign for the recipe.  The original recipe called for 1 egg white whipped and this batter was SO dry, so I added another whole egg.  I am not a baker, so that could have been why our batter was dense, but I didn't know what else to add to make it moist.  Maybe I should have added some coconut or vegetable oil???  Any suggestions from you good bakers out there?!

1 1/2 c unbleached flour
1/3 c granulated sugar
1/3 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp granulated sugar
4 tbsp fresh chocolate mint leaves, chopped
1 tsp water
1 c zucchini -- unpeeled and grated
1/4 c fat-free sour cream
1 egg white -- whipped 

Preheat oven at 350.  Prepare pan a 8 x 4 x 2" loaf pan with cooking spray and flour; set aside.

In a bowl, combine flour, 1/3 c granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa. 

Place the 2 tsp granulated sugar, the chocolate mint and water into a food processor.  Process until very finely minced, almost a paste.  Combine mint paste, zucchini, sour cream, and egg white in a large bowl.

Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened.  Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment