Sunday, June 10, 2018

#2, 706: Raspberry Lemon Muffins

On this rainy Sunday, Chloe (age 9) was looking to do something and I figured I'd let her use up some frozen raspberries to make these easy muffins for breakfast for everyone tomorrow.  I didn't have any lemons on hand, but I did have my Young Living Lemon Vitality Essential oil, so I used about 10 drops of that instead.  Although you can taste the lemon (just barely), I'll probably add another 5 drops next time to make it a little more pronounced.  My kids loved these muffins and I had to stop them at 2 (mini ones!) and told them they had to eat the rest (regular size ones) for breakfast tomorrow!  This recipe got 12 large muffins, and 8 mini muffins.  

1 3/4 cups gluten free flour (I used all purpose)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted coconut oil cooled a bit
1/2 cup maple syrup (I used honey)
1/4 cup coconut milk or other milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Zest of one lemon (I omitted)
Juice of one lemon (I used 10 drops of lemon essential oil)
1 1/2 cups raspberries fresh or frozen (ours were frozen)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin pan.  Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.

In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the raspberries.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment