Saturday, June 16, 2018

#2,709: S'mores Muffins



These muffins have graham cracker crumbs and chocolate chips in the batter, and you top it with marshmallow creme....all the makings of a good s'more!  These were really easy to make and I probably shouldn't admit it, but the batter was SOOO good.  I didn't even let the kids lick the beaters because I didn't want to share.  LOL  I think the next time I make these I'm going to try adding some mini marshmallows right into the batter.  Because without the marshmallow topping (which doesn't last more than a day so don't add it until you want to eat it!) it's pretty much a yummy chocolate chip muffin.  Either way, it was still good!  

By the way, here's a kitchen cooking tip for you...did you know that butter can explode in the microwave?!  I knew it would "pop" and splatter so I covered it with a paper towel, but 2 minutes is way too long to melt butter (I just hit a number and walked away...I know better!).  That butter didn't just splatter, it literally burst through the paper towel (the paper towel was cut in half) and almost the entire bowl of butter was splattered ALL OVER the inside of my microwave.  Well that's one way to get me to clean the microwave I guess.  Lesson learned...lower heat, lower time, don't leave unattended!    

1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (from about 15 whole crackers)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup whole milk (I used 2%)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3/4 cup marshmallow cream

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Toss the chocolate chips with 2 teaspoons flour in a small bowl; set aside. (PS...I got 16 muffins out of this recipe)

Whisk the remaining flour, the graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Whisk the sugar, melted butter, milk, vanilla and eggs in a medium bowl until smooth; stir into the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chip mixture.

Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling them three-quarters of the way. Tap the bottom of the pan lightly on the counter to smooth out the batter. Bake until the muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let the muffins cool 5 minutes in the pan, then remove to a rack to cool completely.

Top each muffin with 1 tablespoon marshmallow cream. Let set 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment