Sunday, June 17, 2018

#2,712: Instant Pot Baked Potatoes

This "recipe" took me three tries to get right!  I was about to give up on trying to make baked potatoes in the Instant Pot, but figured I'd give it one more try!  I don't know if it's the fact that I added more water, or that I didn't stack any on top of one another, or I just got lucky, but this time it finally worked!  The first two times the potatoes were under cooked and I had to finish them in the microwave or sauteed on the stove.  Tonight though they were fluffy and cooked all the way through (thank goodness!) 

6 medium potatoes scrubbed clean, and pierced with a fork several times
1 1/2 cups cold water

Pour the cold water into the bottom of the Instant Pot.  Place a trivet inside the pot and arrange the potatoes on top of the trivet (I suggest NOT stacking them).  Place lid on instant pot and seal the valve.

Set to high pressure for 15 minutes for medium potatoes. After the 15 minutes are up, do a natural release for another 15 minutes, then let out any remaining pressure.  
Carefully remove from the Instant Pot, being careful to take them out because the skin will sometimes start to tear off if you aren't careful.  Serve with whatever toppings you desire.  



No comments:

Post a Comment