Monday, June 25, 2018

#2,717: Homemade Guacamole



When I went to visit my sister this past weekend, I stopped at Mariano's (grocery store) to get some groceries, and they had these beautiful (and huge!) avocados for 88 cents each!  So I grabbed a couple and was able to make two different fresh guacamole recipes.  This was the second one I made, which I added some diced jalapeno to.  And the cilantro was fresh out of my garden!  I taught my 11 year old how to make this guacamole as I coached her through each step while I cooked up a few other recipes.  :)  I think this is pretty good....BUT I love most guacamole so that probably shouldn't be a surprise. 

This recipe also calls for some mayo in it, which is optional.  I happened to have some avocado mayo in my fridge so I did add a little bit to it.  I didn't really notice a difference with it in there so you could omit if you wanted. 



3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped, optional
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise, optional
1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice (I used 10 drops of Young Living Lime Vitality Essential Oil)
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
I also added 1 jalapeno, finely diced

Mash avocados with garlic and salt. Stir in remaining ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment