Monday, June 18, 2018

#2,715: Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers


There are a bunch of recipes/videos floating around Facebook to make Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers.  We made a few too many seasoned sandwich steaks for Father's Day, so I had a bunch of meat left over.  Plus I had ONE lone pepper in my fridge so I knew this was the recipe I just had to make/try.  

It was super simple.  I cut a pepper in half and took out the seeds.  Then I put it in a bowl with about 1/8 c of water and covered it with plastic wrap.  I poked a few holes in the plastic wrap and I cooked it in the microwave on high for 2 minutes.  The peppers were plenty soft to my liking so I took them out and put them on a baking sheet.  I chopped up the leftover steak and placed it inside the pepper.  Then I topped it with a piece of provolone cheese.  I threw that baby in the broiler for about 2 minutes and it was done.  My lunch was ready in less than 10 minutes and most of that time was waiting for the pepper to cook and the oven to heat up.

Yep, I'd definitely make this again!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment