Saturday, June 16, 2018

#2,710: Bean, Corn, and Tomato Salad


Mmmm....look at the freshness of that salad!  I found this recipe in a recent issue of Better Homes and Gardens and it just yelled summer, so I was excited to try it.  I didn't happen to have any chickpeas on hand, so I just used canellini beans instead.  Still good!  The basil is fresh from my garden...I have mint growing too, but it's chocolate mint so I figured I better just omit that ingredient.  

PS...this is also really good with some bacon as part of a BLT sandwich.  LOL.  I am obsessed with BLT's since I have lettuce growing in my garden.  So I figured I'd add some of this to my sandwich too.  Delish!  However, it does tend to fall off the bread, so some sort of roll would probably be better than the toasted wheat bread I'm currently eating it on.  

4 ears fresh corn
2 pints grape and/or cherry tomatoes
15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (I used canellini beans)
1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed

1/2 c finely chopped red onion
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 c cider vinegar
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c torn fresh mint leaves (I omitted)
1/3 c torn fresh basil leaves


For salad:
Remove husks and silk from corn.  Cut kernels from cobs; place in a serving bowl.  Add tomatoes, chickpeas, edamame, and red onion. 


For dressing:
In a screw-top jar, combine olive oil, cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.  Cover and shake well.  


Pour dressing over salad and toss.  Top with mint and basil.  

No comments:

Post a Comment