Monday, June 25, 2018

#2,718: Zucchini Pico de Gallo Salsa

This pico/salsa recipe is such a great summer time recipe that uses summer fresh vegetables!  I can't wait to make this again once I have zucchini and tomatoes picked right from my garden.  I was afraid it would be a little too hot for my liking so I cut out the poblano pepper.  Next time I'm going to add in some bell pepper...cucumber might be good too!  I think this would be great on top of grilled chicken (or probably fish if I ate that) too!  


2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped (I omitted although next time I'll probably throw a bell pepper into this instead)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 seeded and diced jalapeno pepper, optional
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons lime juice

Combine first nine ingredients. Add lime juice; toss to coat.  Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment