Monday, November 20, 2017

#2,024: Banana Bread


After a friend gifted us with some bananas (and I mean a lot of bananas), I knew I needed to make some banana bread for my kids for breakfast.  They love banana bread, and whenever we buy bananas, we always have some that turn brown before we eat them.  (That MIGHT be because in my house, no one will eat a banana if it isn't still slightly green, or if it has the tiniest brown spot on it!). 

My kids loved this easy banana bread recipe!  It is such an easy recipe to throw together too because I always have the ingredients on hand!

The original recipe suggested trying 4 bananas for "serious and extreme moist and deliciousness."  I did try this on a second loaf and was not a fan at all.  It was way too much banana for our liking.  Stick with 3!!  


1⁄2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 bananas, finely crushed 
1 1⁄2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350ยบ.  Cream together butter and sugar.  Add eggs and crushed bananas.
Combine well.

Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.  Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.

Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment