Monday, November 20, 2017

#2,022: Grands Pizza Calzones


My family loves these pizza calzones!  They are so easy to make, and it's also a great way to use up any meat filling you happen to have.  (I had some farmhouse bbq muffin filling left, so we made some with that and provolone; I've also used leftover sloppy joe filling and Italian blend cheese.  The combos are just about endless!).  The recipe below is probably our favorite way to eat these though.  I almost always have Grands biscuits on hand to use for last minute dinner ideas (or when I'm just out of ideas in general!) 

can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits 
1/2 cup pizza sauce
cup cooked crumbled sausage (I use bulk pork sausage)
cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I probably used closer to a cup and a half.  I also like to use a 1/4 of a piece of a slice of provolone)

Press each biscuit into 5-inch round. Place on ungreased large cookie sheet.

Spread 1 tablespoon pizza sauce on half of each round to within 1/2 inch of edge; top each with 2 tablespoons each of the sausage and cheese. Fold dough over filling; press edges with fork to seal (I just press really well with my fingers).

Bake at 375°F 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment