Saturday, November 18, 2017

#2,014: One Pot Spaghetti (aka United Way Spaghetti)


I came across this recipe in a recent issue of Real Simple magazine, and since my family is a spaghetti loving group, I figured I'd give this recipe a try.  It actually makes so much sauce (or my husband added too little spaghetti!) that I used the leftover sauce to make pizza burgers the next night.  I think I was the biggest fan of this, and still think it could have used a little more seasoning.  I'm thinking next time I'll try 1 can of tomato sauce, and about 1 cup (or more) of spaghetti sauce.   We would definitely eat this again though. 

1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
2- 16 oz cans of tomato sauce
1 tsp dried basil
dried rosemary
dried oregano
1 1/2 cans (from the tomato sauce) of water
8 oz uncooked spaghetti noodles (I seriously think you can add closer to 12+ oz, but just watch to make sure there is enough water)
Salt, to taste

In a large pot, brown the ground beef and onion.  Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.  Simmer until the noodles are tender, about 20-25 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment