Monday, November 20, 2017

#2,023: Crockpot Cranberry Sauce infused with Essential Oils

I tried so hard to use very little sugar with this recipe and started out just using some agave in it.  But it was so tart, I just couldn't eat it.  So I had to keep adding a little more sugar until it was sweet enough to eat, but no so sweet that it the recipe became unhealthy.  I'm not a huge cranberry fan, but I did enjoy this.  I don't know if I will just make this again for fun, but I had some extra cranberries I need to use up.  If you are a huge fresh cranberry fan, let me know what you think!  PS....you definitely may need to add more sugar so it is to your liking! 

16 oz bag of cranberries
1/8 c agave
1/3 c sugar

3 drops orange Vitality
2 drops clove Vitality
2 drops cinnamon Vitality
1 c water

Add all ingredients to the bowl of a slow cooker and stir to combine.  Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours, or until the cranberries have popped open and the sauce is bubbly.  Taste and stir in any extra sweetener if desired.  Serve warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment