Saturday, November 18, 2017

#2,016: Linguine with Ham and Peas


I bought some ham for my family to eat for dinner this week and I was really in the mood for some pasta so I quickly whipped up this recipe with ingredients I had on hand.  Since I only made 2 servings of this, you will have to double or triple the recipe if making it for a larger group.  I am not a huge fan of cream sauces but this was super light and just the perfect amount for me. 

2 handfuls of linguine noodles (handfuls is a technical measurement term right?!)
1/2 tablespoon butter
1/4 onion, dicedabout 1/4 cup of diced ham
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper, as desired
grated parmesan cheese, as desired
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water.

Meanwhile, h
eat butter in a saute pan and cook onion over medium high heat until golden brown, about five minutes. Add ham, peas, and garlic, turn heat and cook long enough so that the peas thaw and it and the ham is warm and just starting to brown.  When just about finished, add the cream, turn the heat to medium, and continue cooking until the cream starts to bubble (it doesn't take long).   


If desired, you can add a little bit of the cooking water to thin out the mixture if desired (I did not need to do this though). 

Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add hot ham and pea mixture and stir to combine.  . Season with salt, pepper, and grated parmesan as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment