Saturday, November 18, 2017

#2,015: Light and Fluffy Homemade Waffles


So we have a waffle maker (which my family loves!), but I always buy the store mix where you just add water and oil.  I don't love the taste of eggs in my pancakes or waffles, so I have never thought to make my own waffles.  But I came across this recipe and figured I probably should at least give it a try.  Although I could still taste the eggs in this recipe, my family could not and loved these.  I don't know if this is something I would make all the time (the store mix is way easier), but if they asked for it, I would certainly make it again.  


2 large eggs
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
5 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon white vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup club soda, chilled
Butter and maple syrup, optional

DIRECTIONS
Separate eggs. Place egg whites in a clean, dry bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.

In another bowl, whisk together next five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk, oil, vanilla and vinegar until blended. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form.

Preheat waffle maker. Stir together flour mixture, egg mixture and club soda just until combined. Fold egg whites into batter. Bake waffles according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with butter and maple syrup if desired. Yield: 12 waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment