Sunday, November 19, 2017

#2,019: Banana Breakfast Cookies

I had a huge amount of bananas getting very ripe on my counter, so after making banana bread, I decided to try and find a healthier breakfast cookie recipe for my kids.  I loved this recipe because it only requires ripe bananas and rolled oats...no eggs, butter, sugar, etc.  I made half of the batch with just the bananas, oats, and some spices, and in the other half I also added some dark chocolate chips.  Although we enjoyed both versions immensely, we surprisingly all enjoyed the ones without chocolate chips better.  (Shocking!!) 

2 ripe bananas
1 cup rolled oats
I also added a few shakes of cinnamon and about 1 tbsp of vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350°F.

In a bowl mash the bananas until they’re all smashed.  Add in the oats, cinnamon, and vanilla.  (This is also where you would add in a handful or two of any desired additional add in such as chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, etc.).  Stir until fully combined.  

Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet, lightly spray with cooking spray.  Place 1 tbsp (I just use a smaller cookie scoop), of batter onto the parchment paper, per cookie.  These do not spread out so they can be closer together on your cookie sheet.  (Definitely don't overcrowd them though).  
Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are brown.  Let it sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment