Saturday, November 18, 2017

#2,013: Sweet Potato Stew


I found this recipe in a recent issue of Taste of Home magazine, and I was drawn to it because it pretty much only requires 6 ingredients (plus a few spices), and I happened to already have all of the ingredients on hand (yes I even had small cans of V8 leftover from another recipe!).  I had to change up this recipe though because it basically says to boil the ground beef in the broth and V8 juice, and that was too disgusting for me to even try.  So I browned my meat with onion in a pan, and then threw it all into a pot to finish cooking.  I wasn't sure I was going to love the flavors of this, but I really, really enjoyed eating this!  I would definitely make this again! 

1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth (I used 2 cans)
3/4 pound lean ground beef
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup V8 juice
2 teaspoons golden raisins (I used craisins, and probably added at least 1/4 cup)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Pinch cayenne pepper

In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. 

I browned my meat with onion in a pan and skipped this step: Crumble beef into broth. Cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

Add the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment