Sunday, January 29, 2012

#481: Balsamic Succotash


My kids (as obviously do most kids) hate that I make them eat different veggies.  Chloe would be happy only eating carrots or broccoli and Allison would be happy only eating canned green beans or edamame.  But that doesn't mean that I'll keep making them try different ones.  So this week I made succotash even though I knew it wouldn't be happily received.  (Chloe picked out corn, Allison picked out lima beans thinking they were edamame).  I however, greatly enjoyed this...with bacon bits on it.  :)

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1 tablespoon chopped parsley

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and red pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn, lima beans, balsamic vinegar and lemon pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment