Saturday, January 21, 2012

#470: Mexican Monkey Bread


This recipe from Kraft has been bookmarked for quite a while now.  I decided to make it for our January Book Club meeting since there's NO way anyone else in my family would eat it.  The recipe says to flip the monkey bread over and serve inverted...don't do it.  The top is MUCH prettier.  Personally, I don't think the recipe calls for enough ingredients (especially the biscuits), so I doubled a lot of the ingredients.

We loved this at book club.  I will absolutely, definitely be making this again!!  YUM!

1 can (16.3 oz.) refrigerated biscuits, quartered (I used 2 cans)
2 Tbsp. butter, melted (I used 4 tbsp)
1-1/4 c Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I used about 2 c)
3/4 c drained canned sliced jalapeño peppers (I used 4 oz can of diced green chilis)
3/4 tsp. parsley flakes
1/4 c Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Heat oven to 350ºF.  Spray 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Dip 1/3 of the biscuit pieces in butter; place in prepared pan. Top with 1/2 cup Cheddar, 1/4 cup peppers and 1/4 tsp. parsley; repeat layers.    

Cover with remaining dipped biscuit pieces, peppers and parsley; top with combined mozzarella and remaining Cheddar.    

Bake 40 to 45 min. or until golden brown. Let stand 5 min. Invert bread onto plate; remove pan. Serve bread warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment