Sunday, January 8, 2012

#468: Hot Corn Dip

Pinned Image
Photo courtesy of
Becoming Betty.  (This is NOT my photo)
I was deleting some pins (of recipes I've already made) on Pinterest and realized I never posted a picture of this recipe that I made at last month's book club.  I'm sure I didn't post it because I forgot to take a picture of it when I made it. 

When I first saw the list of ingredients (and that the original recipe came from Emeril Lagasse), I figured this would be a recipe that required too many steps for my liking.  Fortunately, it was super easy to prepare and went over very well at book club!

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 1/2 cups frozen corn
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
1/2 cup finely chopped red bell peppers
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (I used about 1/4 of a jalapeno)
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 to 1 cup mayonnaise (I only used 1/2 cup)
4 ounces monterey jack or cheddar, shredded (I used 8 oz of Mexican blend cheese and omitted both the monterey jack and the sharp cheddar below)
4 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Tortilla chips, for dipping

In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter with corn, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes then transfer to a bowl. In same skillet, add rest of butter and onion and bell peppers. Cook until wilted then add garlic, jalapeno, and green onions. Let all the vegetables soften then add to the bowl of corn. Mix in mayo, cayenne, and half of both cheeses. Stir to combine then pour into an 8x8 baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment