Sunday, January 15, 2012

#469: Shredded Potatoes Au Gratin

Every so often, we get random recipe cards in the mail.  This recipe came from one of those mass mailings.  It's from Great American Home Baking and is SO easy I couldn't resist trying it.  It isn't my favorite way to eat cheesy potatoes, but the easy and quickness of throwing this recipe together will make this a repeat recipe for us. Also, Brian and I thought this was quite under seasoned, so next time I will add more seasoning...but I don't measure salt and pepper out very often so it's possible that I just didn't use enough the first time.

1 lb refrigerated shredded hashbrowns
2 cups whipping cream
1 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 c sliced green onion (about 4 medium) (I omitted)
1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly spray and 11x7 baking dish with non stick spray. 
Combine the potatoes, cream, 1 1/4 c cheese, green onion, salt and pepper in  a large bowl.  Mix well. 

Spoon the potato mixture into the prepared baking dish.  Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.  Bake until bubbly and golden brown and the potatoes are cooked  (about 45-55 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment