Sunday, March 15, 2015

#1,475: Triple Chocolate Tres Leches Cake

Holy heck did I love this cake!  It was SO moist and the flavor was seriously fantastic! LOVE, love, loved it!  The recipe reviews noted that it could get ridiculously wet and goopy from the milk mixture being poured over it, so I only used about 1/3 to 1/2 of the mixture.  When I ate this the bottom was nice and wet but it wasn't saturated throughout the whole cake.  I actually liked that and preferred it that way.  

Since I used way more Cool Whip than called for, I just added more cocoa powder to the cool whip and a little bit at at time until it was the right amount of chocolate-y to my liking.  :) DELICIOUSNESS!!

1 pkg.  (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix (I couldn't find the 2-layer size, so I just got the biggest box I could find)
Additional ingredients needed for the cake mix
8 oz Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
12 oz. evaporated milk
1/2 cup Sour Cream
1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping (I used an entire 8 oz container)

Prepare cake batter and bake in 13x9-inch pan as directed on package. Cool cake in pan 10 min., then pierce cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.

Melt 7 oz. chocolate as directed on package. Blend milks and sour cream in blender until smooth. Add melted chocolate; blend well. Pour over cake, re-piercing cake if necessary until milk mixture is absorbed. Refrigerate 1 hour. 

Meanwhile, make curls from remaining 1 oz. chocolate.

STIR cocoa powder into COOL WHIP; spread onto cake. Top with chocolate curls. Keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment