Sunday, March 15, 2015

#1,473: Easy Gelatin Salad



As you will see from the instructions below, this was supposed to be a lime jello recipe.  But I was serving this for a family party and needed to use sugar free jello and forgot to get it in lime.  Instead I had a small box of cherry and a small box of raspberry jello (both sugar free) so I just substituted that instead.  This got VERY GOOD reviews at my party and there was very little leftover after lunch!

1 c boiling water
1 pkg lime flavored gelatin (6 oz.) (I used cherry and raspberry)
1 can(s) crushed pineapple in juice (drain and reserve juice)
1 pkg cream cheese (8 oz.), softened
2 c heavy whipping cream
1 c chopped pecans (I omitted)

In a large bowl, pour 1 cup boiling water over gelatin mix. Stir until completely dissolved then stir in 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice. Refrigerate until thickened but not set, about 1 hour. (I only needed to chill mine for about 40 minutes)

Meanwhile, place crushed pineapple and remaining juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.  (I honestly have no idea what this did to the recipe since there was very little juice left anyways.  I will totally omit this step next time.)

With an electric hand mixer, blend softened cream cheese into gelatin mixture until smooth. Stir in cooled pineapple. (As you can probably tell from the picture above, I could not get this totally smooth.  It was still super good though!)

In your stand mixer bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into gelatin/cream cheese/pineapple mixture, until combined. Fold in chopped pecans.

Pour mixture into Jell-O mold (5-6 cup capacity) or a pretty glass serving or trifle bowl. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment