Sunday, March 15, 2015

#1,471 and #1,472: Chocolate Cherry Cake and Chocolate Glaze

This chocolate cherry cake recipe has been sitting on one of my pinterest boards for over two years now.  So when I needed to make a dessert for the cake walk at our church, I figured it would be time to make it and try it.  Although I enjoyed this recipe and the cake was definitely nice and moist, it wasn't the greatest thing I've ever eaten.  You have to really love cherry pie filling too (which I generally do).  Would I make this particular recipe again, probably not.

Once my cupcakes were done though, I knew it needed a chocolate frosting/glaze of some sort, so I decided to use this recipe to make it.  I LOVED the glaze!  It was a little thick for my liking, so I used A LOT (probably about a cup or so) of the heavy whipping cream until it thinned out to the consistency I wanted it to be.  I would definitely make the glaze/frosting again!


Chocolate Cherry Cake
1 chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1 C. water
1 can cherry pie filling

Mix cake mix, eggs, water and pie filling together and bake according to the directions on the cake box.



3 oz Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate
2 tbsp whipping cream
1 tbsp butter

Microwave Baker’s Chocolate, whipping cream and butter in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended.

No comments:

Post a Comment