Sunday, March 1, 2015

#1,462: Vanilla and Brownie Cupcakes


I found these cute little cupcakes made with brownie mix on the bottom and cake mix on top, and the original recipe called for a red velvet cupcake.  I wanted to make some green cupcakes for Matthew and his love of Ninja Turtles, so I just used a white cake mix instead and added some green food coloring.  :)  I do think red velvet would have been delicious though.

Regardless, these little cupcakes are fantastic!!  We all loved the brownie (slightly undercooked) on the bottom.  I will definitely be making these again!  The only thing I would probably do differently next time is to add more cake mix on top of each of the brownies.  I tried to keep it a 50/50 ratio, and I think it would have been even better with more cake batter on top.  


The original recipe gives a recipe for the frosting, but I made my own butter cream frosting so I omitted the frosting ingredients. 


1 box brownie mix -follow directions on box 
1 box strawberry cake mix -follow directions on box (I used a vanilla cake mix and used milk instead of water)


Combine brownie ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Then combine strawberry mix in a separate bowl. Stir until smooth.

Fill bottom of cupcake liners with a spoonful of brownie batter. Then add another spoonful of strawberry mix on top. The cups should be about 2/3 the way full.

Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Remove from pan and allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment