Sunday, March 1, 2015

#1,461: Vanilla Cream Cheese Butter Cream Frosting



I made this butter cream frosting to go with some cupcakes I made for Matthew's 3rd birthday with my in laws.  I have to admit, I really loved this frosting.  I'm not a huge fan of frosting because it is so ridiculously sweet, but the cream cheese in this really mellowed it out.  I will definitely be making this one again!!!  It was so simple to make.  I also finally broke down and got a re-usable pastry bag and a tip (instead of just using a ziplock bag like I normally do) and I'm so glad I did.  I was pretty afraid of piping frosting, but my goodness not only was that easy, but it did look so much nicer!!  I think it's time I took a class on how to decorate cakes.....

2 Sticks (1 Cup) of Softened Butter (Room Temp.) 
1 lb. Confectioners Sugar
2 oz. Cream Cheese (room Temp.)
1/4 Cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
2-3 Tbsp Heavy Cream (or Milk)
(I used green food coloring for this recipe too)

In a medium bowl cream together the room temperature butter, cream cheese, vanilla extract and the sweetened condensed milk until it is all incorporated.

Slowly add in the confectioners sugar until it is all combined.


To achieve the desired consistency, add in a tbsp of heavy cream (milk works too) until you get to where you like your frosting. Because I don't use a lot of cream cheese in this recipe, the amount I do use compliments the other aspects, creating a creamy, sweet vanilla frosting that is seriously good!

The more heavy cream or milk you add the creamier the frosting is, if it seems grainy or dry, add more. And if you add too much liquid, just add in more powdered sugar until you get the consistency you like! 

No comments:

Post a Comment