Sunday, March 1, 2015

#1,463: Perfect Rice Krispie Treat Recipe


I have never been very good at making rice krispie treats . Don't get me wrong, I know how to make them but I always thought they came out kind of dense and stiff.  THEN I came across this recipe and my life of making rice krispies has totally changed.  Holy heck are these gooey and soft...and delicious!  I think I'm in love with these.

Oh and for anyone like me who did not know this tip...don't push the rice krispies too hard down/compact into the pan.  The more you condense them the harder they get.  Duh.  (I really didn't know that though!)



5 Tbsp butter
8 cups, plus 2 cups mini marshmallows (This was about 1 1/2 bags)
6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
½ tsp salt

Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray, set aside.

In a large pot over low heat, melt butter. Once butter in melted add in 8 cups mini marshmallows, stirring constantly.

Once the marshmallows are just melted remove from heat and stir in your cereal and salt until just coated in marshmallow mixture. Now stir in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows.

Pour mixture into prepared pan and press in evenly.

Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Best if served same day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment