Monday, August 27, 2018

#2,783: Apple Sauce Puffs

This got super mixed reviews in our house.  I thought these were dry and just OK, but my kids loved them.  I'll be honest, I'm not really sure why?!  On the first bite, when you get the cinnamon and sugar topping, it's so good, but then you keep eating it and it's super dry.  The kids asked me to make them again though so they must have really liked them and were not just being nice.  Let's be honest, they will always tell me if something is just OK or if they don't like them! Would I make these again, probably not.  They were definitely easy though.  I made homemade biscuit mix because I didn't have any on hand (and it's cheaper) and I also tried making these with a homemade gluten free biscuit mix (those were even drier!). 


2 c. Bisquick
¾ c. sugar (divided)
3 t. cinnamon (divided)
½ c. applesauce
¼ c. milk
1 egg
2 T. oil
5 T. melted butter

Combine Bisquick, ¼ cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Stir in applesauce, milk, egg and oil until well mixed. Fill greased muffin pan ⅔ full (I put parchment paper on my baking pan and just used a cookie scoop AND I tried making these as muffins.  The cookies were better and easier in my opinion).
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 min or until lightly browned on the bottom.

In a bowl mix ½ c. sugar with 2 t. cinnamon.
Dip hot puffs in bowl of melted butter and then in bowl of cinnamon sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment