Monday, August 27, 2018

#2,679: Corn and Edamame Salad


Mmm....this corn and edamame salad was a big hit!  It was so easy to make and it makes quite a bit!!  I think I ate this for 3 meals straight!  This is good as a side dish, and with tortilla chips (ha!), or even added to tacos.  I'll definitely be making this again! 

Plus, I made it easier by just cleaning the fresh corn and then cutting it off the cob without cooking it.  I added some canned corn too because I wasn't sure I was going to have enough...(I had plenty!).  So easy, so healthy. 

2 ears fresh sweet corn, husks and silk removed (or about 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed)
1 (10-ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame (thawed)
1 pint (10 ounces or about 1 1/4 cup) cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 small red onion, diced
5-6 medium basil leaves, chiffonaded
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt + more to taste
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper + more to taste

I skipped this step: Set a large pot of water over high heat. Bring to a boil. Carefully add the corn cobs. Boil for three minutes. Remove with tongs and set aside to cool a bit. Add the edamame. Cook for three minutes. Drain and let cool for a bit.

Cut the corn kernels off the cob.  Add them to the bowl along with the thawed edamame. Add the cherry tomatoes, onion, and basil.  Drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.  Toss well. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. Keeps well for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment