Monday, August 13, 2018

#2,675: 90 Second Low Carb Bread (GF)/ Pizza Bread


Here's a recipe for an easy low carb "bread" that's been floating around Facebook.  I was more intrigued to make these than anything else, and I figured it would be a great base to make some pizza bread with...I was right!  I was able to cut this into 3 pieces (as you can see from the photo above), and although it was good with some butter or ghee on it, it was better as a pizza bread.  This takes 90 seconds to make in the microwave, and I just combined everything in the coffee mug, so it made cleanup even easier.   I was afraid it would taste "eggy" (I wouldn't have liked it like that!), but it totally didn't.  I will definitely make this again!
1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1/4 Cup Almond Flour
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/4 Tsp baking powder
1 Egg

Place all the ingredients into a mug. Mix until combined with a fork. Microwave for 90 seconds. Cut and enjoy.

If you are making these into pizza bread, let it cool a little bit so that you can cut it into pieces.  Then place on a cookie sheet and top with pizza sauce and cheese (and any pizza toppings if you prefer!).  Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.  I turned my broiler on for a minute or two at the end to get the cheese a little more browned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment