Monday, August 13, 2018

#2,676: 4 Ingredient Banana Cake Cookies


I wasn't sure my kids would like these as much as they did, but they definitely surprised me!  The coconut flour gives this a little bit of a different texture, and you can definitely taste the banana in this, but my kids didn't mind at all.  I put these in the freezer and we are eating them frozen/cold, but they were good at room temperature too!  The chocolate chips started to melt a little bit from the warmed up peanut butter, but we didn't mind. 

The original recipe says to sift the coconut flour, but I'm way too lazy for that!  It didn't affect the taste of these.  LOL 

1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
1/2 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium ones)
1/4 cup cashew butter (I used peanut butter)
1/4 cup maple syrup (I used honey)
Dairy-free Chocolate chips (I use mini chocolate chips, not dairy free ones)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking dish with baking paper and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour and banana and mix well- This should be very crumbly.

In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with liquid sweetener and pour into the dry mixture. Mix until fully incorporated and a thick batter is formed. Add chocolate chips if desired.

Form into balls (I used a cookie scoop) and transfer to the lined cookie sheet. Press down to flatten a bit and bake for 12 minutes. Remove and allow to sit for 10 minutes until they firm up slightly.

These cookies can be kept at room temperature covered for up to 3 days, and can also be kept frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment