Monday, May 25, 2015

#1,503: Oatmeal Yogurt Breakfast Blend

During our farm unit in Pre-k, one of my students' grandma came and did a presentation from the Dairy Council.  When she came, she gave me a small recipe booklet with different dairy related recipes in it.  This was one of the recipes, and since I had all of the ingredients on hand, I was super excited to try it.  Sadly none of my kids like this, but I sure did.  I love the texture of this, the tartness of the yogurt, and sweetness from the fruit.  Delish!

1/2 c old fashioned oats
3/4 c plain non-fat yogurt
1/2 c diced apple
2 tbsp raisins
2 tbsp sliced almonds (I omitted)
2 tsp brown sugar
dash of cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together and serve.  For best results, prepare the night before and let flavors meld in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment