Sunday, May 17, 2015

#1,495: Farmhouse Barbecue Muffins

My friend Jenny turned me on to this recipe several years ago.  I made it once or twice before and then it got filed away in my cookbooks.  I was going through recipes as I cleaned out our kitchen before a garage sale and found it again.  I figured this would be a good time to make it again for my family, see if we still liked it, and then add it to this list of recipes.  Fortunately we all still really enjoyed these muffins.  This is such an easy, and kid-friendly recipe that you can made partially ahead of time.  Brian also said they reheated pretty well as leftovers in his lunch.  (Bonus!)  

1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (not Grands!)
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

Separate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten into 5-in. circles. Press each onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup; set aside.
In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and chili powder; add to beef and mix well.

Divide the meat mixture among biscuit-lined muffins cups, using about 1/4 cup for each. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment