Monday, May 25, 2015

#1,501: Cold-Brewed Iced Coffee

I had a very similar recipe pinned for 2 years on my pinterest boards when I came across this recipe in a recent magazine issue of Real Simple.  So I figured it was about time for this iced coffee lover to give this recipe a chance.  Although I do think this is a lot of work for this lazy cook, I have to admit, it was really good.  I enjoyed this more and more as the days went on.  However, you go through A LOT of coffee grounds with a recipe like this and it sure does take a while to get the liquid to drain through a coffee filter.

6 oz (1 1/2 heaping CUPS) medium to coarsely ground coffee
4 cups room temperature water
milk of choice (skim, whole, almond, etc).
ice

Combine coffee grounds and water in a glass container.  Let sit at room temperature for 12 hours.

Strain through a mesh strainer lined with a coffee filter. This should yield about 2 3/4 cups of coffee base, and can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.

To make iced coffee, combine 1/2 cup of strained coffee with equal parts of water or milk.  Pour over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment